Saturday, December 21, 2013

Au Revoir Paris

I cannot believe that the time has come when I would say goodbye to this amazing city. These last four months have included an endless list of new experiences and many life long lessons. Not only did I get to know Paris, inside and out, but most importantly, I go to know myself. In these four months, I changed my life and lifestyle drastically. I left the city where I grew up in and had my family and friends close by, left the comforts of my home and left my strict lifestyle behind. In these four months, I wanted to emerge myself in this new culture and totally new lifestlye.

I ate way too much bread and cheese and definitely drank too much wine. I slept past 10AM on most days where as in America I am lucky if I sleep past 8AM. I stayed out to the very early hours of the morning and would tour around different museums and exhibitions the next day. I would spend hours at a cafe drinking wine and chatting, and then change to a new cafe and do it again. I left behind my sneakers and gym clothes for heels and dresses and my "always on a schedule" lifestyle for more of a "whatever I feel like doing" lifestyle.  I overindulged and lived my life in the moment. The greatest thing I can say though is that I have no regrets.

I met people from all over the world that I can truly say will be my life long friends. I discovered a passion for art and felt like I finally understood the meaning behind it. I fell in love with history and architecture. I traveled to new cities, learned new cuisines and learned all about wine. And most importantly, I got the chance to see my relatives more in these last four months than I do in three years.

I can honestly say that these last four months have been the best four months of my life. I am full of happiness and memories. I feel refreshed and motivated to return home and I have a whole new outlook on life. I am excited to go back into my old habits but bring back some of my new habits. I am ready to be a better "me".

With that being said, Paris, its been an absolute pleasure. I can't wait for the day when I return with my loved ones and family and share all of my favorite places and stories with them. Paris, you will always have a special place in my heart. Je t'aime!


Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment