Friday, October 2, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Granola

'Tis the season to include pumpkin in every possible product imaginable. Whether it be the classic PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) or in stranger combinations, pumpkin salsa, every product at the grocery store seems to have a pumpkin flavored edition. I'll be honest, I don't hate it, in fact, I kind of love it! I am a pumpkin spice junkie! I recently went to Trader Joe's and had a field day in the Pumpkin flavored isle (yes, they do have a section entirely devoted to pumpkin flavored products). I purchased pumpkin spice oatmeal, pumpkin spice tea.. You name it, I've probably tried it!

I decided to make pumpkin spice granola because one, I obviously have a slight addiction to pumpkin spice and two, I may equally have the same addiction to granola. So I figured, why not combine the two! I am not the first to have done this, but I'm sure glad I tried it!

Here's how I made it:


Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconuts
- 3/4 slivered almonds
- 3/4 chopped walnuts
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs + 2 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Pinch of salt

Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and all of the wet ingredients in the other. Add the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.

Evenly disperse the wet granola on two baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes and then stir. Bake for another 15 minutes and stir again. Finally, bake for another 15-20 minutes until dry. Take the granola out of the oven and let it cool before placing it in an air tight container.


Enjoy!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment