Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cranberry Orange Compote

My favorite time of the year is between Thanksgiving and Christmas. During the holidays, I love getting the whole entire family together and spending time with them. We typically have an extravagant meal made by my mother and we drink a ton a wine and talk and laugh for hours. My favorite thing that my mom makes during the holidays is a cranberry dish that we serve on the side. It is so simple to make and is always a hit at our dinner table. 

Here is how I did it: 

Cranberry Orange Compote 

Ingredients: 
-1 bag of fresh cranberries
-2 oranges 
-1/2 cup of powdered sugar
-1/2 tsp cinnamon 
-1 small ginger root 

Place a pot over heat. Pour the bag of cranberries into the pot. Juice one of the oranges and pour over the cranberries. Add the powdered sugar. 

Cut the other orange into 1 inch pieces with the skin on. Peal the ginger and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Place the orange and ginger into the pot and add the cinnamon. 

Cook for 10 minutes until the cranberries have burst. Serve as a side dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment