Monday, September 22, 2014

Garlic Kale Caesar Salad

My favorite salad these days is caesar salad, especially kale caesar salad. Anytime I see it on a menu at a restaurant, I have to order it. I love the salty and tangy taste of the dressing and the kale has more substance than just regular lettuce, that it makes you feel like you are eating more than just salad. The crispy croutons don't only add texture but they are great for when you want to soak up the leftover dressing at the end. 

I decided to make my own kale caesar salad tonight. I made it extra garlicy because I love the taste and I love that it adds some additional spice to the salad.  You can make this salad as a side dish or add grilled chicken or fish to make it more filling. 

Here is how I did it:

 Garlic Kale Caesar Salad


Kale Caesar Salad:
- 6 large leaves of Kale
- 1 1/2 cup of diced crusty bread
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano

Caesar Dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare all of your ingredients.


Wash and cut the kale into bit sized pieces and place in a salad bowl. For the bread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the bread into medium sized cubes and put on a baking pan. Drizzle 1 tbs of olive oil on top of the bread and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss the bread and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.

For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients and whisk until completely combined. Pour overtop of the kale and toss.


To assemble, place the salad on a large plate and sprinkle the homemade croutons overtop . Shave Parmigiano Reggiano and add freshly cracked black pepper to finish.

Enjoy!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment