Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Muffins

Good Morning,

I am an early bird, so I always wake up very early no matter what day it is. This morning, I woke up craving something sweet. The first thing that came to my mind was cinnamon apple oatmeal. Then I thought, why don't I make cinnamon apple oatmeal muffins!

Here is how I made them:

What you need:
- 3 bowls
- Muffin Tins
- Measuring cups
- Grater
- Cutting Board
- Knife
- Cooking spray

Cinnamon Apple Muffin:
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of finely grated apple and 1/2 cup of chopped apples.

Oatmeal Crumble: 
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbs cold butter



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray so that the muffins won't stick to the pan. 

In one bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set the mixture to the side. 


In the other bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar, cinnamon, eggs and vanilla until there are no lumps. Add the finely shredded apples and the roughly chopped apples to the wet mixture. 


Slowly stir the flour mixture with the wet ingredients until all of the ingredients are incorporate. The batter should resemble cake batter. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan. The batter will be enough for 12 muffins. 


For the oatmeal crumble, mix the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sesame seed. Cut up the butter into small cubs and stir it in the mixture until it is crumbled. Place the crumble on top. 

Bake the muffins for 25- 30 minutes. To check if the muffins are done, insert a toothpick or a knife in the center muffin and if it comes out clean, it is ready to be taken out. 




These muffins are moist, sweet and crunchy! The apple doesn't over power the muffins and the sesame gives them a nutty flavor. I loved them so much that I ate two! At least tomorrow I am running the half marathon so I don't feel too bad :)

Anne 





No comments:

Post a Comment