Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dante and Luigi's

Tomorrow, I will be running my first 1/2 marathon. I have been training for over 14 weeks and I am so excited to finally see my hard work pay off! This is only the half way point of my training because in November, I will be running the full marathon.

Before any race, you alway want to carbo-load the night before. For my pasta dinner, my mom took me out to an italian restaurant called Dante and Luigi's located on 762 South 10th street, Philadelphia. We had such a fabulous time shoving our faces with fresh bread drenched in fruity olive oil and lightly sweet balsamic vinegar and saucy pasta.



For my main meal, I order the most extravagant dish on the menu. I treated myself to the Seafood Cioppino which had lobster tail, calamari, shrimp, muscles and clams over linguini in a spicy marinara sauce. This dish was exactly what I was craving! If I were to die today, this would be the perfect final meal. The pasta was perfectly al dente and the sauce was light and had a slight kick to it. Needless to say, I ate every single bite!




No comments:

Post a Comment