Friday, September 14, 2012

Fat Salmon

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to finally start my food blog. For the last six months I have been super busy with my Internship and training for the Philadelphia Marathon that I haven't had time to sit and write. Today was finally my last day of work and so in celebration of that and starting the next chapter of my life, I have started my blog.

Last week I finally moved in to a big girl apartment and one of my best friends, who is also my roommate had her mom stay with us to get adjusted. On Wednesday night they invited me out to dinner and ask ME to pick the restaurant. Of course I asked them what type of food they were in the mood for (Chinese, Mexican, Organic, Italian) and we decided on sushi. I immediately thought of one of my favorite sushi places in Philly called Fat Salmon.

Fat Salmon is located on 719 Walnut Street and is very modern and hip. Their specialty rolls are not like any other sushi place and it is very reasonably priced. We tried the Spicy tuna sandwich, Dancing Vampire; a tuna and salmon roll with spicy chili sauce and asparagus, the Lost Rainbow; tuna, salmon, white fish with kura sauce, and Rolling Fire; shrimp tempura with broiled spicy scallop sauce.

My favorite roll of the night was the the Dancing Vampire. The heat of the chili sauce really played well with the coolness of the fish and the crunch of the fresh asparagus added another level of texture.

By the end of the night we were all pleasantly full and satisfied with our meal. If you are looking for a good place to get sushi at a price that wont break the bank, I recommend that you go to Fat Salmon!


No comments:

Post a Comment