Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pure Fare

One of my favorite things to do on my free time is look up fun new places to go out to eat. During my internship, I found so many fun cafes and restaurants all around center city. I would pack my lunch every day except for fridays so I could venture to new places.

Today, I met one of my friends for lunch who I haven't seen in forever. I decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to try out a new place for lunch. I did some research on Yelp before we met and found this place called Pure Fare located between Walnut and Samson on 21st street.



When we first arrived, I got the impression that it was closed or there was construction but when we walked inside, I felt like I was back in France. There was a large wooden dinning table in the middle of the cafe and the decor was very rustic and absolutely beautiful. All of the signs were written in chalk which added an even more homey feel. I immediately felt right at home.

When I looked at the menu, I fell in love! All of their food is local and organic, two of my favorite things. Everything is freshly made and absolutely delicious. They had soup, salads, sandwiches and small bites to choose from. I ordered the raw brussels sprout salad with orange and raw cashews and the quinoa skillet bread which has zucchini, red onion, bell pepper, chives and eggs. I was in heaven. All of the food was so light and delicious, I could eat there every day.




The best part though was desert! They had soft serve which is probably my favorite sweet thing to eat. But it wasn't soft serve, it was VEGAN chocolate coconut soft serve and real vanilla greek yogurt. Of course I couldn't pick between both so I got a swirl which was even better! The vegan chocolate coconut soft serve was made out of coconut milk, chocolate chunks and agave. It was light and sweet and was the perfect ending to a perfect meal!


I definitely recommend that you check this place out! If you are looking for something light and quick, this is the perfect place to go.

Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment